Wednesday, September 12, 2012

CAROLINA BLONDE CREAM ALE

113 BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL

September 10, 2012 (Monday)
CAROLINA BLONDE CREAM ALE
12 FL.OZ., Alc. 4.3% by Vol.- SRM:3- IBU 15
Brewed and Bottled by Foothills Brewing, Winston Salem, NC
+
 
FROM THE LABEL: "Two row barley, a hint of wheat and noble hops make Carolina Blonde exactly what a craft brew American Cream Ale should be. Clean, refreshing flavor. Rich, golden color. Unmistakable smoothness. Brewed right her in NC.
 
CREAM ALE: "A cream ale is related to pale lager. They are generally brewed to be light and refreshing with a straw to pale golden color. Hop and malt flavor is usually subdued but like all beer styles it is open to individual interpretation, so some breweries give them a more assertive character."
 
FROM THE MOUTH: CREAM ALE: Best thing this beer has going for it was carbonation. Not much in the aroma department. All the taste was thin and watery- some malt, some citrus , some hops but barely there. I always hope when I  flip  off  the cap that I am going to get what I need at the end of a long day, didn't happen. I would be satisfied with this beer on a hot day on the water but not any other time. B-

FROM THE STORE: www.amazingclubs.com


"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
 
drink yer' beer
i


 

No comments:

Post a Comment