Sunday, March 4, 2012

MAUDITE

302 BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL
March 4, 2012 (Sunday)
MAUDITE UNIBROUE
12 fl. oz., 8% alc./vol.
Brewed and Bottled by Unibroue, Chamley , Canada
++
FROM THE LABEL: "La Maudite ( Damned) refermented on yeast base in the bottle, goes down uncommonly smooth. One taste of this excellent malt beverage will instill in you the highest respect."

FROM THE MOUTH: It smells nice but tastes awful. I can barely take a swig- way too much yeast. The spice is the only redeeming quality ..but - yuck. D Label is cool.

FROM THE GRILL: Anything to get rid of the taste in my mouth.

FROM THE STORE: Trader Joe's. I bought a four pack ( all different beers) on some sort of one time special. I can see why.

I failed my way to success.Thomas Edison

drink yer' beer

ei


2 comments:

  1. I don't agree with "one taste of this excellent malt beverage will install in you the highest respect". More like one taste is all you will want. If this is what "refermented on yeast base in the bottle" is supposed to taste like then bad idea. "Uncommonly smooth" should be uncommonly bad. Beer should have been named La Maudlin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty bad, I actually threw it away and I had to spit out my last attempt at an "aquired taste."

    ReplyDelete