Friday, February 10, 2012

BAKKE HILL BLACK LAGER

325 BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL
February 10, 2012 (Friday)
BAKKE HILL BLACK LAGER
Leavenworth Biers since 1992
1 pint 6 ounces, 5% alc./vol.
Brewed and Bottled by Fish Brewing Co, Olympia, WA

FROM THE LABEL: "Seasonal Alpine- style Schwarzbier."

In case you are like me and don't know what Schwarzbier means: Schwarzbier, or "black beer", is a German dark lager beer. It has an opaque, black colour and a full, chocolatey or coffee flavour. Although they share some similar flavours they are milder tasting and less bitter than British stouts or porters, owing to the use of lager rather than ale yeast and no roasted barley.

FROM THE MOUTH: Delicious...the definition is right on and look at that gorgeous dark black beer with a finger foam pour- feeling good about that! It is very smooth, not bitter and has a mild coffee flavor. Only 5% alcohol so I am drinking the whole bottle! LOVE the label: I miss Steamboat...A

FROM THE GRILL: Pot Roast and some German Spargel ( asparagus)

FROM THE STORE: tonights beer is compliments of my sister Peggy Kennedy- Norquist- thanks Peg!

I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn
how to do it. Pablo Picasso

drink yer' beer

ei



No comments:

Post a Comment