Tuesday, May 22, 2012

ABBEY BELGIAN STYLE ALE

223 BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL

May 22, 2012 (Tuesday)
Happy Birthday Bridget Ladewski (14)
ABBEY BELGIAN STYLE ALE
12 FL. OZ., ALC 7% BY VOL.
Brewed and Bottled by New Belgium Brewing, Fort Collins, CO
++1/2


FROM THE LABEL: "NEW BELGIUM= Employee owners would love to have you stop by the brewery! 500 Linden, Fort Collins, CO 80524 ( 888) NBB-4044. A beauty of a Belgium dubbel with six different malts and an authentic Belgium yeast strain thats happiest being served in a New Belgium globe glass."

FROM THE MOUTH: BELGIAN DUBBEL: This was a beer that started with a smell ( SMELL_ STRONG) so I had to go with it- what the heck was that....clove... banana....plums....apple and brown sugar...it took awhile and I had to put the beer back in the fridge so it wouldn't get warm. Next the taste... there is THAT taste again that I have found ....rude,  but I decided to go with it because it is not overwhelming in this beer. Someone told me it was the yeast strain- the UNIBROUE beers have it and the AMARCORD. I found this very complex due to the overwhelming variety of sweet taste mixed with the heavy cloves which may be what I am thinking is the yeast? I probably won't have this again but for those who like the yeast strain of UNIBROUE and AMARCORD I think you will really like this beer. no rating since i can't be impartial

FROM THE STORE: Trader JOe's- they like this type of tasting beer!

 The only medicine for suffering, crime, and all the other woes of mankind, is wisdom.
Thomas Huxley

New Belgium Fat Tire Ale Globe Glass
drink yer' beer                             a Belgium globe glass!!
i

No comments:

Post a Comment