Saturday, April 14, 2012

RED CHAIR NWPA

261 BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL
April 14, 2012 (Saturday)
RED CHAIR NWPA
12 FLUID OUNCES, 6.2% ALC. BY VOL.
Deschutes Brewery, Bend OR
+++

FROM THE LABEL: "Witness the subtle aromatic seduction of the debut Northwest Pale Ale. Another slap at brewing convention, another kick in the pants. Enjoy. Not up for the full-bodied hop assault? Red Chair NWPA is a smooth ride. Seven select European and domestic malts take a suprisingly plush satin turn on the way to the citrusy hop kick. Edges out, layers in."

FROM THE MOUTH: NORTHWEST PALE ALE: Hmm, plush satin turn? This is some good writing. Indeed this is a nice blended beer- I should say excellent blended beer. I am finding Deschutes brewing has some winners. I think we (we?) have tried four- Jan 2, Jan 21, Jan 24, Jan 28 ( which I gave a D!) so far and for the most part they are conservative and make an outstanding beer. I like their label and their catchy phrases. A

FROM THE STORE: Trader Joes

"As one person I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person."~ Paul Shane Spear

drink yer' beer
i

No comments:

Post a Comment