Friday, June 22, 2012

SILENT TREATMENT PALE ALE

192 BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL


June 22, 2012 (Friday)
SILENT TREATMENT PALE ALE
1 PINT, 6 FL. OZ., 5.75% ALC/VOL
NO- LI Brewing LLC., Spokane, WA
+++1/2

FROM THE LABEL: "Made in the USA since 1983. Fib Free Ales Brewed in Spokane."

FROM THE MOUTH: PALE ALE: I am pretty excited to be featuring a Spokane beer. I ran across this at Huckleberry's than noticed the pints at Albertsons as well. I believe they have 3 beers and they are located in downtown Spokane so ...I must stop in for a Pint. Their previous name was Northern Lights- I remember them now but have not had the pleasure of sampling one of their beers..here we go..... begins with a citrus flavor from the Cascade hops; not sure about the Cluster hop ( may give a currant aroma flavor but I am not tasting nor smelling it) but something is clinging bitterly to the tongue. Not like lasts night beer that played a bit much with a high malt, this is more serious hop investing. Wonder what the IBUs are? Wish they would include that on the label; also wish they would have contacted me when they were looking for an artist to design the label. A-

FROM THE STORE: Huckleberry's but I have seen in sold in most locations around Spokane

ALERT: I think I am going to come up a bit short of bottled beers- I may have to go to local pubs and sample draft beers- what a tragedy.......I will keep you posted.

Yes, this is a long quote this evening but well worth the read. It is one of my favorite quotes from one of the greatest men to serve this country- Abraham Lincoln.

"I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts, that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle. I feel how weak and fruitless must be any words of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering to you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save. I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours, to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of Freedom." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume VIII, "Letter to Mrs. Lydia Bixby" (November 21, 1864), pp. 116-117.

A toast to freedom
i

No comments:

Post a Comment