Wednesday, June 6, 2012

SEBAGO FRYE'S LEAP IPA

208 BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL

June 6, 2012 (Wednesday)
FRYE'S LEAP INDIA PALE ALE
12 FL. OZ.
Craft Brewed and Bottled by Sebago Brewing Co., Gorham, Maine
+++++

FROM THE FROSTED MUG (a publication of Amazing Clubs): " Frye's Leap IPA is an intense experience, It is a hoppy medium- bodied ale and is full of character. From the caramel malt which gives our IPA its golden color to the distinct fruity hoppiness, this beer is every bit as exciting as its namesake, the popular cliffs on Sebago Lake. Enjoy this refreshing beer with seafood, spicy foods and all things grilled."

FROM THE MOUTH: INDIA PALE ALE:  Intense is an understatement... this starts with a  somewhat fruity, floral malt taste but quickly becomes a full frontal attack of bitter hops. I read a few reviews because I thought maybe I was missing something but I am going to go with what I am tasting- it feels divided into three sections ..first floral/fruity- second hopshopshops- then finishes with a lingering PINEY hop and buttery malt....  and I mean lingering------the hops are rolling out the cot and spending the night on my tongue. I like this intensity- sort of slaps you back in place; I will have this again. A check out the guys leaping off the cliff on the labe! 

FROM THE STORE: Thank you Dad and Amazing Clubs. www.amazingclubs.com

You must know for which harbor you are headed if you are to catch the right wind to take you there.Seneca


drink yer' beer
i


No comments:

Post a Comment