Tuesday, October 23, 2012

WIDMER BROTHERS BRRR SEASONAL ALE

72 BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL
TAKE ONE DOWN PASS IT AROUND....
October 21, 2012 (Sunday)
WIDMER BROTHERS BRRRSEASONAL ALE
12 FL. OZ. (355ML), 7.2 ALCOHOL BY VOLUME
Widmer Brothers Brewing, Portland, OR
+++1/2
 
FROM THE LABEL: " Bold hop flavor, malty sweet finish." Portland Oregon since 1984."
 
Notes from the beeradvocate:availability: Late Oct. - Early Jan.
bitterness: 50 IBU
alcohol by volume: 7.2%
original gravity: 17° PLATO

malts:
Pale, Caramel 10L & 80L,
Munich 10L, Carapils, Dark Chocolate

hops:
Bittering: Alchemy
Aroma: Simcoe & Cascade
 
FROM THE MOUTH: SEASONAL WARMER: Sorry about the photo- camera card needed reformatting and I had about 1000 photos on it- that I did not have backed up. So I went searching for another camera. This was taken with an original digital camera that I bought some 15 or so years ago. I couldn't remember how to do a close up so no label picture this time. On to the beer...this beer has made me a new fan of Widmer Seasonal ales. I understand they come out with a new one every few months so now I anticipate the unveiling of said beer. This is just a good solid beer, well blended- a fine amount of bitter hops to a sweet caramel malt and top it off with a bit of a warm spicy alcohol. I am going all out and saying this is an excellent beer. A+
 
FROM THE STORE: From a friend-thanks Steve
 
 
"You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightening about shriking so that other people won't feel insecure around you."- Marianne Williamson
 
 
drink yer' beer
 
 
i

No comments:

Post a Comment