Sunday, August 26, 2012

STEELHEAD PORTER

128 BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL

August 26, 2012 (Sunday)
STEELHEAD PORTER
TWELVE (12) FLUID OUNCES., 6.5% ALCOHOL BY VOLUME
Brewed and Bottled by Mad River Brewing Company, Blue Lake, CA
++
 
FROM THE LABEL: "Product of Humboldt County from the heart of the Redwoods. Made in the USA."
 
FROM THE MOUTH:ENGLISH PORTER:  Pours a beautiful deep dark chocolate - little carbonation on pour but gives a nice carbonation in the mouth. I would not call this a mild smooth porter- more of an in your face- slap you with flavor- now I am awake and listening porter. Heavy musty smokey peat up front with deep roasted coffee/chocolate/toffee malts to follow. Ends with some nice hop coffee bitterness. This beer feels great in the mouth..chewy, as in I feel like I am having a meal. I have had better porters so I will pass on this one next time, but it was a decent beer for the blog. B+
 
FROM THE STORE: Huckleberry's in Spokane WA
 
“You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.”
Khalil Gibran
 
drink yer' beer
i

No comments:

Post a Comment