Friday, August 31, 2012

ELYSIAN THE IMMORTAL IPA

123 BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL

August 31, 2012 (Friday)
ELYSIAN THE IMMORTAL IPA
NET CONTENTS 1 PINT, 6 FL. OZ., ALCOHOL 6.3% BY VOLUME
Brewed by Elysian Brewing Company INC., Seattle Washington
++++1/2
 
FROM THE LABEL:

"INDIA PALE ALE: Aggresive yet well- balanced, The Immortal IPA is a Northwest take on the classic English style, golden -copper in color and loaded with New World hop flavor and aroma.
 
BREWHOUSE: Elysian Brewing Company operates three brewpubs in the city of Seattle and has won Large Brewpubs and Brewmaster of the Year three times at the Great American Beer Festival in Denver Colorado. CHEERS! Dick Cartwell, Head Brewer."
 
FROM THE MOUTH: AMERICAN IPA:Taste follows nose ( CAUTION: Don't try this after you have had a Pint- beer ends up on your nose- I speak from experience):  a  nice combination of floral and piney hops- perhaps some biscuity ( I just like saying that) malt. Ends with a nice shark, I mean sharp, hoppy bite. This beer is  EVERTHING you look for in a Northwest style IPA. Mouthfeel is soft and creamy with a crisp, refreshing finish. Overall a very nice full tasting beer that I will KEEP in my fridge. This is my first from Elysian Brewery- I hope there are more! A+
 
AND ...WHO WANTS TO MEET ME IN DENVER FOR THE GREAT AMERICAN BEER FESTIVAL NEXT YEAR!!!! YES!!!
 
I bought all the equipment to make my first batch of home brewed beer today----WOOHOOOO!!! Stay tuned!
 
FROM THE STORE: Albertson's
 
“The optimist sees the rose and not its thorns; the pessimist stares at the thorns, oblivious to the rose.”
Khalil Gibran
 
drink yer' beer
i



No comments:

Post a Comment