Friday, November 16, 2012

ALASKAN AMBER ALT STYLE ALE

47 BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL
TAKE ONE DOWN PASS IT AROUND...

November 15, 2012 (Thursday)
Happy Birthday Tara Ladewski
ALASKAN AMBER ALT STYLE ALE
12 FL. OZ. 355 ML
Alaskan Brewing Co.,BB in Juneau, AK
+1/2
 
FROM THE LABEL: What you see is what you get. I love this label- really nice art work.
 
Notes from the beeradvocate:Richly malty and long on the palate, with just enough hop backing to make this beautiful amber colored "alt" style beer notably well balanced.
 
FROM THE MOUTH: As you can see I am attending a function- business dinner in an area showroom- hence the faucets in the background. Luckily, whew- they had a beer offering that I had not blogged to date, although I have had this tucked in my 'beer blog fridge' all year.  Already been in the showroom for 3 hours putting some displays together ( had one fall on me; I suffered a cut and some swelling) so when the bar opened I was first in line. Sorry, I digress- beer time.  I am thinking to myself now..why am I describing the color and pour when you can see it for yourself, so I will henceforth dismiss talking about that. Aroma- again-sorry , I just drank it tonight so you will have to buy it yourself to and get your nose into it. Taste.... damn good, surprisingly favorable.  It's quite malty, with some ..chocolate flavor? and moves into..some citrus---maybe.  I was nursing some soreness and some fatigue and the old couple at my table were sweet but boring me to death, so the beer offered a home away from home--- anything would have tasted good tonight. NO rating tonight.
 
FROM THE STORE: Free- thank you Ferguson
 
"Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens."
Khalil Gibran

drink yer' beer
i

No comments:

Post a Comment