Saturday, July 21, 2012

SAMUEL ADAMS IMPERIAL WHITE

163 BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL

July 21, 2012 (Saturday)
SAMUEL ADAMS IMPERIAL WHITE
12 FL. OZ., 10.3% ALC/VOL.
Brewed by the Boston Beer Company, Boston, MA
?


FROM THE LABEL: "Wheat Ale brewed with spices. Enjoy this beer now or age it to develop rich and unique flavors."


FROM THE MOUTH: WITBIER: First off- know your beer before you chug it. I was expecting lagerish and I got 'booze' in a beer. The taste starts out big, thick and VERY sweet - mainly orange/caramel. Then you get a bready yeast... mild then a boozy mouthfull. I am tasting perhaps sweet banana. WOW, so Koch (brewer) must have been thinking...I like Grand Marnier...let's make it into a beer..if we add a bunch of sweet stuff and some yeast I can have  my beer and booze. You can really taste the alcohol- it leaves that nice warm burning feeling in your throat. Don't chug- sip! I am going to agree with the label- they are pushing the Witbier and it is unique. Only one for me please! A-

FROM THE STORE: Thank you Steve > I should have known it had a high ABV.  He brought over an 11.8% on Thursday!


Let there be work, bread, water and salt for all.
Nelson Mandela

drink yer beer
i





No comments:

Post a Comment