Sunday, July 15, 2012

ALOHA SERIES WAILUA

169 BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL

July 15, 2012 (Sunday)
ALOHA SERIES WAILUA
Wheat Ale brewed with Passion Fruit
12 FL. OZ., 5.4% ABV(not on label)
Kona Brewing Co., Kona HI


FROM THE LABEL: "Wailua is Hawaiian for two fresh water streams mingling. This was just the inspiration we needed for an Aloha Series wheat ale brewed with tropical passion fruit. A refreshing citrusy sun- colored ale with the cool taste is Hawaii. Since 1994 , Kona Brewing Co. has been committed to making handcrafted ales and lagers of uncompromising quality. We invite you to visit our bewery and pubs whenever you visit Hawaii. Mahola! "

FROM THE MOUTH: WHEAT ALE/FRUIT BEER:  What sets this apart from other brewskies is the fact that the Wheat Ale is actually brewed with Passion Fruit. Yep, that is Passion Fruit you are a tasting- new experience and I imagine if I were on the beach in Hawaii I would be disgustingly happy drinking this beer ice cold while watching the whales .  It’s smooth like juice sort of, but juice that has a kick and is bubbly. …and beerlike. Yummy - I am imaging myself walking into a pub in Hawaii, barefoot, windburned from sailing and ordering this on draft. A

FROM THE STORE: I think this came from Huckleberry's but maybe Trader Joe's?

“Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion.”
Thich Nhat Hanh

drink yer' beer
i



 


No comments:

Post a Comment