Wednesday, July 18, 2012

HENRY WEINHARD'S CLASSIC DARK

166 BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL

July 18, 2012 (Wednesday)
HENRY WEINHARD'S CLASSIC DARK
12 FL. OZ., 4.81% ABV (not on label)
The Blitz-Weinhard Brewing Company, Hood River, OR USA
Notes:
This beer is retired; no longer brewed.
+

FROM THE LABEL:" Henry Weinhard's premium beers since 1856."

FROM THE MOUTH: MUNICH DUNKEL LAGER:  Quite malty, somewhat sweet, almost too sweet with a wisp of hop flavor. There is a little hint of chocolate, some coffee but there is something missing- it is light or watery, not a good complete mouthfeel. Flavors are not strong, but not weak either. I still like it and I would have another. A-

FROM THE STORE: I received this from a good friend who does not drink but keeps beer around for those that do. I am wondering, now that I see it had been retired, how long he had had these in his cellar!!! Thanks Professor Beal- I will take the other 5 next time I visit!!!!



drink yer' beer
i

No comments:

Post a Comment